My favorite way to eat steak is topped with this AWESOME chimichurri sauce! It adds flavor and zing to anything you’re grilling! And since I’m pretty obsessed with just about everything on a stick for the summer, it’s perfect on these steak kebabs made with tomatoes and red onion – yum!
If you want to serve these for a party, this can easily be doubled. You can assemble the kebabs and make the chimichurri a few hours ahead then grill when you’re ready to eat. Also great with chicken!
Steak Kebabs with Chimichurri
My favorite way to eat steak is topped with this AWESOME chimichurri sauce! It adds flavor and zing to anything you’re grilling!
- 1 1/4 pounds beef, (sirloin or Angus) cut into 1-inch cubes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 2 packed tbsp parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
- 2 packed tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- For the chimichurri, combine the red onion, vinegar, salt and olive oil and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix; set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use (can be made a few hours ahead).
- Place the onions, beef and tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Prepare the grill on high heat. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a platter and top with chimichurri sauce.
Yield: 6 skewers, Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 4
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 219
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 62.5mg
- Sodium: 335.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 20g
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: